Skip to content

Scummbler v2 r15

New version of Scummbler (v2 r15). Changes:

  • Fix “drawObject” in V3-4 (was missing 3rd argument and outputting the wrong opcode).
  • Fix “getState” instruction’s syntax (was originally defined as “if (getState(Local[0] == 0))”, should have been “if (getState(Local[0]) == 0)”).
  • “debug?” instruction renamed to “debug”.
  • “PutCodeInString” – add support for a missing 2nd argument (as output by descumm).
  • Restructure code path structure, separate out some tests.
  • Added some tests based on my attempt to parse MI1 global scripts.
  • Change license to MIT license.
  • Update build scripts.
  • Update to the manual – change info for “getState”, add support e-mail to contact list.

Binary:
http://www.jestarjokin.net/apps/scummbler/bin/2/15
Source:
http://www.jestarjokin.net/apps/scummbler/src/2/15

 

I’ve discovered there are some bugs in descumm’s output (introduced by yours truly). I discovered these after trying to parse all the global scripts from Monkey Island 1 VGA floppy.

Script 82 and 83 – missing 2nd argument for PutCodeInString

When the string is empty, descumm outputs nothing for the second argument. It should output this:

Scummbler now supports either scenario.

 

Script 135 – unknown string function

Global script 135 contains this line:

The “unknown8” instruction is incorrect, and can’t be parsed by Scummbler. You must manually change the text like so:

Also, there shouldn’t be a semi-colon after the “Key()” instruction, but Scummbler handles this anyway.

 

Script 152 – not joining string functions

This line should read:

Again, you’ll have to manually alter the script.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *